September 14, 2008

We actually stayed in Midland...

All I ever blog about is the weekends but I have not had too many other things to blog about recently. I'm at school all day every day and when I get home I pretty much conk out - not too many other exciting things to talk about.

This weekend Stephen and I were supposed to be at one of my good friends from college's weddings in Houston, when it was disrupted by Hurricane Ike. I can't even imagine how she must have felt or what she is going through now but I just could not stop thinking about her and everything she put into making her wedding perfect. The good thing is they were able to get married - and that is the most important thing! As far as I know they are going to be able to re-schedule their reception so we will be looking forward to celebrating with them then!

We spent Friday night at the Trinity football game! It was my turn to be with the cheerleaders and we really did have a good time at the game. I got to see one of my students, hang out with my middle school girls, and meet some more great Trinity families! It was such a close game and we had a heartbreaking loss in the last 20 seconds of the game.
Since we are hardly ever in Midland for the weekend, it was a little boring at first but then Whitney called and we went to look at Miss Casey's - if you haven't been, they have fabulous stuff!! We had such a fun night being lazy, cooking out at the Gripps house and hanging out! It was the perfect Saturday night in Midland. I am starting to think this town is not so bad :) Thank you Whitney so much for cheering me up - you are the best!!
Tonight we had our first real COM group with Stonegate and it was so good to see everyone and meet some new people! We are so lucky to have a group of friends to share life with and are really looking forward to getting to know everyone better. I also have to give a shout out to my friend Allison - today is her birthday! Happy Birthday Allison! And to Jennifer, your cake balls were amazing tonight :) Can't wait to try to make them!
I'll try to think of something more exciting to blog about next time. I wish I could tell you funny stories from school but I somehow do not think it's appropriate. Boo....

4 comments:

  1. Yay for cake balls!!! Didn't you just love Miss Caceys! I go there like once a week because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside!!! We had fun with you guys last night and I think we need to have a girls night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW thank you so much for the birthday wishes!! You are so sweet Wynne! Thanks for the cookie cake too! I think I've made myself sick eating so many sweets! I am soo thankful and honored to call you my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED getting to see your cheerleaders...so proud of you and your new job! Missing you terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wynne,
    This is random, but I just remembered that my friend's friend is or used to teach and help with cheerleading at Trinity. Do you know Kristen -maiden name Scholtz- and she has really red hair??? She's super cute and fun so hopefully she's still involved at Trinity. She does have 2 babies now so maybe not. Anyway, hope you are enjoying Midland and doing well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com