November 5, 2008

Baylor Homecoming

This past weekend was BAYLOR HOMECOMING '08. We had such a great time in Waco seeing old friends, family, and being back at Baylor. We sped to Waco Friday and made it JUST in time to see the Pi Beta Phi pigskin act :) My sisters were in it and they did SUCH a good job! I absolutely love sing and pigskin and it was fun to see my sisters love it too!


Just like every year, after pigskin we walked over the the Bonfire/Pep Rally in Fountain Mall! Milly was with us as we did not have time to take her home before the festivities and she was a little scared at first....

But she got used to it at the end! I had to hold her like a little baby and we got some stares....but it's ok -I love my little Milly girl!


After the bonfire, we stopped by the Alamo and then it was off to meet some friends at Georges. Sophie, Cara, Mandy, Blair and Scarlett! A great mix of high school and college friends - we had a good time catching up! After Georges we headed to Austins on the Ave - where we saw some interesting Halloween costumes. I was not feeling too well all weekend but rallied to see old friends Friday night.


The parade on Saturday was one of my faves! Milly got to come and it was so fun to show her off :) I made her a cute bow/ribbon thing and got her a new green collar for the occasion. Here are some pics of Milly and friends at the parade!


Family Christmas Card '08?!?!

After the parade, we headed over to the Alamo and took some cute family pics. I miss this house! It was fun to spend some time with the fam!



Then it was off to the Georges tent and Baylor game! Go BEARS!


The game was pretty close, but the Bears did not pull it off this time. It was a great game to watch - a lot of enthusiasm was found in our box during the game! After the game I was still not feeling well and went home to nap/take meds/take a bath and finally made it out to the Alamo party that we had been planning since last Homecoming: Remember the Alamo! It was a fun party - good to see old friends! It was a very random assortment of people - but that made it fun! The party started with everyone watching the Tech/Texas game - which was a pretty darn good game. Then as usual, began the dance party on the coffee table! It made me miss the rest of my college friends but Julie, Scar, Becca and I had FUN!





Unfortunately on the way home I started to REALLY feel bad and Stephen had to take me to the hospital when we got back to Midland. All is well - there is nothing serious wrong, just a viral infection and some issues with my asthma. I have been home in bed ALL week (that is why I'm trying to catch up on all my blogging!) and will be back to school tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wynne! I just found your blog. It looks like you and Stephen are having lots of fun! Milly is just precious! Congrats on your anniversary! All of my husband's family is in Midland and close by in Andrews so we come there a lot- I'm glad you're enjoying it, especially Miss Casey's, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com