April 14, 2009

Easter Break


I am so excited to say I am writing this on my new mac book!  Very very exciting!  More about this later...

Well being a teacher sure has it's perks - I got off of work Friday and Monday!  We dropped Bagby off at the kennel and headed for Horseshoe Bay right at 3:45 on Thursday.  It was a beautiful drive through the Hill Country - we got into town just in time to eat at the Tall Texan.  It was a perfect night!  Friday morning we ate breakfast then mom and I went into town and did a little shopping - it's kinna sad because a lot of the cute shops and restaurants in Marble Falls are closed!  boo....but I did get a really great silver-looking charger to use for my perfume in my bathroom for $5.  Then we went back to HSB and met the fam at Slick Rock Golf Course grill for my favorite hamburger in the world.  Ate too much....went back into town with the sisters for a pedicure!  Friday night we cooked out steak and had fun playing "imagine iff" and "Would you rather".  

Saturday morning we got up and the guys went to golf and the girls headed to the Spa.  I have been dreaming about a massage and my dream came true!  From teaching, my back has so many knots and it just always hurts, so it was nice to have a massage.  I also loved the hot tub and steam room!  fun fun.  After lunch I went into town to meet my DEAR friends Melinda and Anna Massey.  Melinda is a dear friend that I met in Austin through Lake Hills Church.  She is such an amazing spiritual
 mentor to me.  Her daughter Anna is one of my good friends too!  She was in my small group at church through the Youth Group.  We had a great lunch at Bluebonnet Cafe and did some walki
ng around downtown as well.  Late Saturday afternoon we celebrated my birthday a little early....I opened up pres
ents from the parents.  I finally got my new mac book!!  I was so excited!!  Mom and I also found a pink jon hart computer case on sale in town and she surprised me with it!  I also have random
ly gotten
 into Vera Bradley lately - I've never been into that, but I LOVE
 some of her new patterns.  This is the pattern I have - Pink Cupcake!  I got the duffel bag and large cosmetic case!  Fun fun!  I was just looking on the website and I saw so many more cute
 things :) Saturday night we ordered pizz
a from Gatti's and watched Yes Man!  

Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church.  We went to Easter Services at the Church at Horseshoe Bay - wh
ich is where Stephen and I got married.  It is a beautiful church and is so nice to get to go back when we are in town.  We had a fabulous lunch at the Yacht Club and took some great pics.  Enjoy!
This picture was not on Sunday, but I'm having issues with moving stuff around. Also some of the spacing is weird, I'm too tired to figure out how to fix it now...
Sunday afternoon we watched the Masters, which is great, and then cooked out burgers and hot dogs.  yummy!  Monday we woke up, ate a yummy breakfast, and headed home!  It was a great weekend with the family.  Too bad we couldn't go on the boat or lay out - but it was still relaxing!!

Hope everyone else enjoyed celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus - He is alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com