September 16, 2009

I love Fall

These past two weekends have been so much fun for me. I have really started to "get ready" for the new season - FALL. I will always tell you that my favorite season is Spring (mostly because of baseball, nice weather, and summer clothes), but not this year. Spring is a little different in west Texas....I think I like the fall better out here.

My fall started two weekends ago when Stephen and I went with our friends Casey & Allison to the Midland High/Midland Lee football game. There is just something about Friday Night Football that I love - I don't know if it makes it even more exciting that we are now in the official land of FNL (Friday Night Lights) or not, but I loved it. The air was cool and crisp, I wore boots and jeans, and I got to spend time outside with friends watching some good ole' high school football...I love it!

We spent the rest of Labor Day at the Lake with my sisters - Saturday was the PERFECT fall day. Woke up late, drank coffee, watched football, had a yummy lunch, watched BAYLOR FOOTBALL...go Bears, and finished off the night with pizza, wine and a movie. I LOVED IT!

Then this past weekend I met my mom in Dallas for some mother/daughter bonding time and SHOPPING. I loved shopping for fall clothes...I used to be major intimidated by it because I never felt like I was in style, but I love tall boots, leggings, cardigans - It's my year for looking cute in the fall (or attempting to!)



I thought I would dedicate this post to the things I enjoy most about the fall:
(in no particular order)


1. Baylor Football - I have been a fan since I was "in the womb" I like to say, going to games every weekend at home and even some exciting away/out of state games over the years. I LOVE IT. It's in my BLOOD. Don't get me started on it or I will talk all night - I get so fired up. Very excited about this season!







2. Teen CBS - Most of you know Stephen and I are involved in Student Community Bible Study in Midland -and we just kicked off our classes a few weeks ago. Stephen is doing eTeen, for middle schoolers, and I am doing Teen for high schoolers! It is an incredible ministry that allows kids and leaders to really dig into the Word of God - and it's fun! I have been helping prepare for this class since last Spring, so I am thrilled it's here! We have AMAZING leaders and I know God is going to do great things this year. Check out our website http://www.midlandteencbs.org/



3. Cool Weather - I don't LOVE being cold, but I do love a cool night and I love it when I get to wear my fun coats, snuggle up at home with a fire and a movie, put the seat heaters on in my car, and make soup and/or chilli!

4. High School/College Football in general-there is something about the FEEL of school spirit. Last year I helped with the cheerleaders at the school I worked at, and there was just something different about Fridays. Pep Rallies, everyone getting pumped, it's just that feeling of pride and excitement for your team. It's fun! I can't put it into words but I love it. I love going to a game and hearing the band, drinking a coke, cheering on my team! Over the years I have adopted other teams (mainly thanks to Alice Anne) and so I do love to not only cheer on my Baylor Bears, but fellow Big 12 teams (including the Aggies) & Auburn. I get so excited about it all!

Note: ask me at the END of football season and I will be sick of watching it - something happens when you get married, on the 346th football game you watch on TV you are pretty much over it for the season

5. BOOTS! I have recently become obsessed with boots - I didn't have any (well besides cowboy boots) until last fall - now I have tan, black and the latest in my collection over the knee grey suede boots! ahh - These aren't them but they are pretty close (I can't find them online)-what do you think? Too much for Midland, TX?






6. Accountability Group - this is new to my list of things I love for the fall - but I am just so stinkin' excited about it! A few of my girlfriends and I are doing a accountability group and we meet once a week for coffee (yummy!) and discuss life, quiet times, prayer requests, praying for our husbands, etc. I look forward to it every week. These are my precious friends - we really "do life together" and I love it!

Shannon, Laura, Allison, me and Betsy

I also have a standing lunch meeting each week with my friends Sommer and Jordan and I so look forward to catching up with them. Our COM group through church is also on my list of things I'm excited about for the fall! So excited about what God is going to teach us through "fireproofing your marriage" this semester.

Really and truly God has answered my prayer and given me AMAZING, ENCOURAGING, GODLY women as friends. I am so so thankful for each one of them and excited to see what this "season" of our lives we will go through together this fall.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you made me love fall! And you looked so darn cute today in your orange sweater with belt. You keep me to date with fashion friend! So enjoyed lunch today, you are such a treasure to me Wynne...I just can't say it enough-you are a God send and I love you to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com