Last weekend my friend Sommer and I drove all the way to Oklahoma City to hear Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Pricilla Shrier at the Deeper Still event. When we woke up Friday morning it was snowing in Midland (see previous blog post) so we had a delayed start but we made it in time for the event Friday.
Sommer and I had a great time being together - hearing the fabulous speakers, eating a lot of junk, and praising our sweet God. I want to copy Summer and tell you a few things I learned over the weekend!
- We will have to give an answer to God one day about what we've done with what gifts, talents and abilities he's given us - I want to do things that reap eternal rewards
- During problems/stress/trials I need to fix my eyes on Him and not the problem
- God is able to do more than I can ever ask or imagine of Him
- The Power of the Holy Spirit is living in ME - I have the power in me, I just need to "activate" it
- God will give me everything I need to do the task he's given me
- I was also very encouraged to start memorizing scripture
Another thing I really came to realize on this trip was I am exactly where I am supposed to be. For those of you who don't know, I just started a new job last week with Unlock Ministries in Midland. It's a leadership development program/camp for at-risk youth. We put on camp in the summer for 2 separate weeks called "OpCamp" and after-school program and other programs throughout the year. I met Ben, the executive director, through the United Way. The timing of it all was ALL GOD's and I couldn't be more thankful to finally have a full-time, permanent job. It was a little scary at first to decide to jump into a ministry-related job but I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be and God gently reminded me this weekend that He will give me all I need to do the task, that I have the holy spirit in me to help me, and what I really want for my life is to reap eternal rewards - so no matter how crazy my life is about to get, I am right in God's will for my life. I am so so thankful for that - and excited to see what the Lord is going to do through this opportunity. Thank you for all of you that have prayed faithfully for me for the past few years for the right opportunity. I am beyond blessed!!