January 3, 2010

New Year, New Goals

As 2009 is gone and 2010 has come I have taken some time to write my goals for the year! I was encouraged by some good friends of ours to write out goals in 7 different areas of my life. After we (Stephen and I) wrote our goals, along with 3 other couple friends, we met to discuss and have a "Vision 2010" meeting. The night was filled with fun, friendship and laughter. We looked back at 2009 and reminisced on our favorite memories together, dreamed about the future together and then started one by one naming our goals for 2010. I think the GOAL is the small step to get to where you want to go or who you want to be. It was fun and interesting to share our goals with each other and I look forward to having the accountability throughout the year to stick to my goals. As I was thinking about my goals, I didn't so much think of habits I want to break, but things I don't do well that I want to do better at so I can live excellently. My goals are small measurable steps to get me closer to who I want to be and who God has called me to be. I am going to share my goals here mostly as an accountability tool for myself - to be able to look back at them often to see my progress, but also as an encouragement to you to make goals for yourself!

Spiritual - read the Bible in a year (going through a One Year bible with my mom), memorize 2 scriptures per month & pray everyday for Stephen

Physical- run a half marathon & do 30 min of physical activity at a minimum 3 times per week

Intellectual- read one book/month & learn to use photoshop

Family- send scripture/encouraging note to my sisters once a month, start volunteering at church before March 1 & take 1 family trip this year

Social- Invite both across the street neighbors over for dinner before Feb 1, send birthday cards to my closest out of town friends & meet with a different girl friend each month one on one (to invest and hang out with!)

Career- create fundraising event/process by April 1, effectively set up database system by Feb 1 & talk to 3 people per month about giving to Unlock

Financial- do the envelope system each month & become debt free by December 1, 2010

Something that we talked about in our vision planning meeting was about living in the moment. Wherever we are - being there- MIND and BODY. I have a hard time with this, always multitasking. I am going to make a serious attempt to live in the moment this year. To be where I am and to not have to plan every single moment of my life. It's really all God's plan and not my own. I was reading my friend Melanie's blog and she said this:
"Here's to 2010: unplanned, unscheduled, and as a follower of the plan that we cannot control... but only be along on for the ride."

I am READY to see where 2010 takes us - I know the Lord has great things in store!

4 comments:

  1. sweet friend, I love your resolutions... it is so apparent relationships are your strength & priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the post! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your resolutions! Pushes me outside my box to thinking of more defined and measurable steps to take to have a more rounded life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wynne, What a beautiful and creative blog site you've created. Thank you for sharing these lovely photographic images and personal insights. Your family and our family have been friends for a LONG time. This friendship is God's gift to all of us and grew from a commitment by both families to stability. This gift of friendship is a source of deep joy to both Debbe and me. Looking at life from the vantage point of motherhood, God has taught me these three things: Being is more important than doing, the heart is more important than the mind and doing things together is more important than doing things alone. Grace & Peace, Sharron

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com