September 2, 2010

Weekend Review: time in Austin


I had a very eventful weekend last weekend! The first leg of the trip was spent in AUSTIN! I always love going back to Austin {even if it's for 20 hours!}. I got it Friday night & I got to stay with the KUNKELS!!!! Yeah! It was so nice to get there & have a hot and healthy I might add meal ready for me and two wonderful friends to catch up with. It was so nice to get to just relax with good friends & not have to really "do anything" but catch up. It had been a long week and to eat dinner, sit on the couch & watch TV and visit was perfect. They are wonderful hosts and I loved spending time in their new house in Austin. This is Laura Saturday morning when I was trying to figure out my NEW CAMERA!!!! {that deserves it's own blog post....}
After breakfast & coffee with Laura it was off to meet Whitney, Scarlett & Mikel at Mercury Hall for a wedding meeting :) See, Whitney is my good friend from Baylor & I am shooting her wedding next month! As in I am the photographer! It's very exciting & I can't wait. Mikel is going to help me out {praise the Lord!} and we had a great time hearing all the wedding details over Starbucks. I can tell you it's going to be a GREAT party & celebration and I am thrilled to be a part of it!

{Whit, the bride}
{Mikel, other photog!}
After the meeting I headed over to the Powers for family lunch! She is such a cute and wonderful hostess - she had a beautiful spread of salad, cookies, tea, and little goodies! I was so honored to be a part of her & Willie's family time. We are pretty much family & so it's just nice to be included in things like that ;) It meant more to me than she knows!
{Willie and his "daddy cup}
{Ruby on her bed in Genevieve's nursery}
{Sharon, Cat & Grace in nursery!}

After that it was time for the SHOWER! The shower was held at Chee Zee in Austin, a funky little restaurant and it was the perfect place for the shower. The decorations & flowers were beautiful and the atmosphere was just sweet. It was a great time hanging out with Catherine & the girls!






{St Genevieve's wine for Genevieve!}

{fun little shower game!}


Great time in Austin!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing photographer!! Love all of these shots. You captured the party so well. So glad you were able to be there. How special! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com