April 18, 2011

April weekends recap!

A few weekends ago we got away for the night with some of our best friends to the lake! Our friends Alison & Casey's family have a house at the beautiful Lake Allen Henry and when I found out they were going for the weekend I no doubt invited myself! We are always trying to find a weekend to get down there, and I was so excited it finally worked out. I had a session on Saturday morning, but we headed out right after just in time for lunch. We spent the day out on the lake and although it was a little chilly & windy - that didn't stop our fun. Don't worry that the boys jumped in the freezing cold lake, wake boarded and cliff jumped. I am so glad we are so young and full of life! Getting closer to 30 isn't bothering us yet - we are living life to the full. I love days on the boat, jamming to Josh Abbott band, telling stories and just being thankful for the beautiful place God made. What was the most entertaining was for sure Grayson.

The night was finished with the girls cooking dinner. Shannon was right, it is so fun to get in the kitchen with the girls, learn something new together. bonding, really. We had a blast girl talking, jamming out, dancing in the kitchen and ultimately serving our boys their yummy dinner. They were pretty cute & cleaned up and then made us brownies and even had a poem that went with it. As always, the best part of the lake is just sitting on the deck, looking at the stars having some very real conversation over a glass of wine. I left feeling refreshed, renewed and extremely thankful for such godly friends. Thank you Jesus!

A few weekends ago I spend the weekend in Austin for my college roomie/bestie's bachelorette party! I got the extra special honor of picking up AA from the airport so I got to Austin a little early to go see my sweet god daughter, Genevieve (and her parents!) and my sister! The weekend was so fun! Yummy dinners, fun nights, hanging by the pool, lots of sweet treats, and just an all around good time celebrating a good friend & this new chapter of her life! PS- my Baylor girls rock, seriously - that hand is me with all of our rings on. gesh! I love my Baylor girls and was so glad to get to spend some quality time with them. Can't wait for the wedding next month! Love you AA!

For the past two years, some of our friends in Midland have had a big April birthday celebration. With Shannon, Julie & I's birthdays so close together it only makes sense to have one big birthday bash. This year takes the cake! We had SO MUCH FUN celebrating with cupcakes at the Craines and then walking (well, we drove but some walked!) to the fair in the parking lot of the mall. Yes, you read that correctly. What I love about our friends is our childlike fun. It doesn't take much to make us have an awesome time. Every one's personalities really come out at the fair - some LOVE the rides, some HATE them. haha. both entertaining! The absolute BEST was when I fell to peer pressure and rode the "no gravity" ride with all 12 of us. You know the one that's open air where you have a small strap across your waist and once you get going there is no gravity & you can move around? {see video below!} Well we strategically stood all around the circle so we could see each other and watching everyone was priceless. Julie & I both terrified screaming to each other to make it stop, shannon turning circles high fiving the junior high kid next to her, the guys trying to do funny tricks, laura hysterically laughing, it was quite the site to see. It was quite a memorable night - really just being so childlike and having a blast! Oh and Julie helped me put feathers in my hair :) So that was fun!
I don't have any pics, but the next night (after the garage sale mind you!) was the first annual surf meets turf at the Eggemeyers house. They cooked yummy fish & steak and we hung out in the backyard and the night was complete with a game of fish bowl!

This weekend was RAD. Garage sale for Camp and all these fun things with friends - really makes me love Midland even more. The support and community we have here is second to none. We love it and are so thankful and grateful for the people around us that make our life SO. MUCH. FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com