May 27, 2011

alice anne's wedding

Last weekend, one of my very best friends in the whole entire world got married! Alice Anne & I were roommates at Baylor (at what we called - "The Alamo") and have been friends for over 8 years. In those past 8 years, we have been through the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful together. I don't have another friend quite like AA. She knows pretty much every single thing (good and mostly really bad) about me and loves me anyway. I love her for that. She's seen me through a lot in the past 8 years as when we met we were still finding ourselves. I love Josh dearly. He is perfect for her, and she is perfect for him. I had a good talk with him one of the first times we hung out and I knew in my heart he was the one for her. When you see a friend go through so much - to see her truly truly happy is the best feeling in the world. As you can probably tell, I was pretty emotional all weekend. It was such a joyful occasion but I was emotional. Happy emotional, so happy and overjoyed for my best friend. Happy to be with her family who over the years has become my family, and happy to be standing by her side on one of the most important days of her life. Thank you Jesus for marriage.

All the wedding festivites captured on my iPhone. The whole weekend was fabulous - every single event was so fun and beautiful! The dresses were beautiful, the ceremony and the reception was beautiful/colorful/classy/and SO Alice Anne. Most of all the BRIDE was beautiful!
Did I mention that my whole family flew from Texas for the festivities?! These are my beautiful sisters, Mary Helen & Rachel.

Besides all the wedding festivities, we had a blast eating dinner at Amsterdams Thursday night with Mandy, Mary Liz & I went to get the famous Toomers lemonade & some shopping, breakfast with the baylor gang at AA's favorite spot, lunch with Kristi & Mac (our new friends for life) at Momma G's. Also getting to walk around campus/Toomers corner with my dad and spent time every night on the patio visiting with all of our best friends from college. Oh the stories that were told. Such a wonderful time spent with the best friends.
We love you AA & Josh!

1 comment:

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com