January 31, 2012

the best family.

I recently returned home from a mission trip with Visiting Orphans to Ethiopia & Rwanda.  I got to do what I love & document it with photos.  I am a little behind but am trying to catch up :)  If you want more info on Visiting Orphans, let me know!  I love to talk about it!!

The Best Family
Rwanda

I talked about it the day I went there
you can find that here.  

but today as I was going through the images of our time there, I was reminded again.


of the hope they have.
and the fun we had.


seeing Daria & David
they have an AMAZING STORY!
Daria & her hubby Glen went on a mission trip over 2 years ago to South Africa, and David was their translator.  They fell in love with him and have since spiritually adopted him,
they call him SON.



and this was the 2nd year in a row he got to come serve & love orphans with them in his home continent.
isn't that powerful?

sweet Rachel.  Her & Scott (who lead worship all week!) just got engaged over Christmas.
at the Best family, they had us introduce ourselves & they wanted to know certain things about us including if we were married.  Scott got up and said his schpeel and then said, "and Rachel's mine".
this was her cute blushing face ;) 
what a cool opportunity to go and SERVE with your soon to be spouse!
again, blown away.  powerful story!


and Lacey.
{in the Rangers shirt}
she's almost 17.
pre-trip she wasn't thrilled about going.
she even told her mom one day after I left their house (they live in Midland!)...
"that Wynne girl is sorta weird"
{sidenote: YES!}
we were all praying for her hardcore and I remember on the way to Best Family just asking God to please rock her world.  change her heart.
and boy did He!  
Lacey fell in LOVE with Rwanda (and Ethiopia) and is already planning a trip back.
again: POWERFUL things happen on these sort of trips!



our worship team was the bomb diggity.
the night before we got together to sing & practice and THAT was even powerful.
we kept singing "children of God" {by third day}
the song says.....

we are the saints
we are the children
we've been redeemed
we've been forgiven
we are the sons & daughters of our God!

that song will forever remind me of Rwanda 2011.
it was an absolute JOY to lead precious children in worship all over Rwanda & Ethiopia
{even if I can't sing.  my voice is beautiful to God!}


back to Glen & Daria
it was amazing to see them RETURN to a place they had been last year
to bless the socks off the leaders & kids
to give and receive gifts on Visiting Orphans behalf
a true partnership has been created!


me & Patrick

my girl, Rachel

all in all, it was a great time at The Best Family.
worshiping God, dancing our hearts out {some of our team members have some MOVES, i'm not saying names....John & Sid}, encouraging and loving on some precious kiddos.


Best Family Rwanda
Confident Hope! 


We were able to leave money with Best Family for their education and they were SO VERY THANKFUL!  yeah God! 

2 comments:

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com