March 15, 2012

20 year friendship.


there really is something about a friendship that you've had for 20+ years,
and that is what I have with this girl - Melissa! 
We went to Camp Mystic together every summer since from 8 years old through freshman year of college.  She was in my wedding and honestly we haven't seen each other since! over 5 years!

I was THRILLED when we majorly re connected the past few months and even more so that she came all the way to Midland to visit!  No one has ever come to Midland strictly to see us!  It's a little out of the way but I was so thankful.  


We seriously gabbed probably 8 hours straight both days.  

I love the beauty of someone who has known you for SO LONG and still loves you anyway.  for who you are!  It was so encouraging, uplifting, insightful, and I loved every second! Melissa is full of life and there is never a dull moment with her.  We had fun thinking back to old funny Camp stories and catching up on life the past 5 years.  There was a lot to cover!  I'm so thankful she took the time out of her life to invest in our friendship.  It has really encouraged me to do the same with people I really care about that I have lost touch with a bit.  Friendships are so important, friends sometimes feel like family, and there is something special about life long friends that I want to embrace and appreciate to the fullest!

Thank you Melissa for coming :)  come back any time! 

on another note, I guest posted today over on my sweet friend Molly's blog today!
stories from my time in Uganda & a Noonday give away!  
going on until Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com