December 28, 2012

C+A first few weeks home.

well, since I"m so behind I can't go into great length but I just couldn't let this opportunity pass to highlight some of our favorite memories of our first weeks at home (before the clock strikes 2013)
--------------------------------------------------------
this is hilarious.  I drafted this post & as I was reading all my embassy trip stories to my hubby (to make sure I didn't forget any important details) I realized that I just hopped over the craziest part of welcome home.  maybe because I am in denial still that things were not-so-perfect.  we get home from the airport (the party we dreamed about) and I think I had the adriniline to push through it, but poor stephen was already feeling sick from the burger we had in DC.  we literally had to pull over on the side of the road on the way home for him to throw up. thats just like life though right - you are just driving along into the sunset, and then all of a sudden you have to stop to upchuck.  we came home on the heels of super storm sandy so you know what was playing 24/7 on our TV for a week.  honestly, the first 3 days was a blur.  my mom is a SAINT and I'm so thankful she was there.  we were both sick (both ways...) for about 3 days.  (including both the kids have double ear infections, asher getting pink eye & camps exema).  I literally don't remember the morning after we got home until that weekend when the family came.  but thats life.  sorta like how we planned our whole wedding ceremony at the church at the lake so we could see the sunset and then it was cloudy that night.  you can hope for something but it doesn't always happen how you want.  more about that later.  for now, some cute pics of my babes.

we fell in love with hanging out on the porch. 
mommys favorite "room" in the house!


first weekend home was one of mommy's favorite "holidays" - Baylor Homecoming, but since we couldn't go - my fam brought homecoming to US!  
Sisters meeting the babies for the first time. 


my immediate fam. 
in LOVE!


Asher meeting her first cousin, Rose.


Nanny (stephen's mom) finally have all 4 of her grandkids together! 
and in their matching Christmas outfits!


lots of afternoon walks!

lots of football watching- Go Bears!


and playing drums in mommy's studio!



coming to Waco for pre-thanksgiving

San Angelo for Thanksgiving


picking out their first christmas tree
(an Elder tradition!)




hanging out by the tree enjoying the light!


getting new stockings!



Just a few fun things we did our first few weeks home in Texas! 

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, your family is just precious!!! so happy for you guys!! ps we are in houston too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a necklace forever ago from the site you listed here. It's my favorite piece and I wear it often and rub it when thinking about you and your family. At first it was just a prayer about Camp. Now I rub the pretty beads and pray about the 4 of you. I'm so happy for you! All the blessings in your life and most of all, the LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could they be any cuter??? Oh, makes me so excited for my two to get here!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com