January 6, 2013

ANYBODY can change the world.


world changing.





itʼs for ANYBODY.

not just “radical” people.

literally, any one who has a body. which Iʼm pretty sure is everyone reading this.



anybody can do something.

anybody can live missionally & make a change in the world right where they are. 

do you believe it?



to me, changing the world means loving with abandon, really seeing people, telling the story god has written for you, and loving + living big.

life is real, messy and beautiful at the same time. It is meant to be lived in community. We were meant to tell our stories because they encourage, affirm and keep each other accountable.


A passion of mine is telling the story god has written for me, not just telling the story but inviting people into the story.

I strive to be real, raw and transparent.


I love telling my story because I love connecting with people. (if you haven't yet, read & respond to this post)

They fuel my energy, they encourage and challenge me to live a better story.



speaking of challenging questions.

my dear friend Katie spoke the most challenging question of all when she asked me in August of 2010 if I would pray about adoption.

somehow something was never even on my radar, became something so possible.

it followed me around.


we said YES.
and God has gloriously ruined our lives from that moment on.


I started thinking that most people probably do things because someone in their life challenged them to do it.

so that got me dreaming.

what if we all told our stories, challenged each other, kept each other accountable, and did things that changed the world?



I believe that ANYBODY can change the world.

you donʼt have to sell everything you own & move to africa to change the world. anybody can change the world right where they are.



itʼs my desire in 2013 to share 52 stories of people who are doing just that. 
one story for every week of the year.

not just to inspire you, but to start a conversation.

a conversation that moves you to action.
and action that moves you to say YES. 

ANYBODY can do ANY THING.

my hope is that you let these stories get into your soul, let them (and the people who write them) challenge you to act.

oh, and I'm excited that my first anybody story will be by none other than the girl who started it all, Katie.  coming later this week ;) 

make Him famous,
wynne 

27 comments:

  1. Love. This. Love love love it. Can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, wynne!!! how exciting! can't wait to follow along and be part of this community. make Him famous!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad I tuned in just in time! I'm excited already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant! can't wait to hear from real people making real change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is AMAZING wynne!!! =) This has been on my heart for a few days now, why we tell our stories!!! =)
    The Lord is so amazing and gracious to each of us!! I'm SO EXCITED to see how He uses this series!!! How hearts are turned to Him as these ladies shine for Him!! =)
    Thankyou friend for having His heart for people and allowing Him to use you!! =)
    You encourage and inspire me SO much!
    Much Love!
    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! thank you so much for your sweet encouragement!!! i am excited to see where this leads also!!! may HIS story be made known!!! love you!

      Delete
  6. oh, go wynne! this is too fun. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so excited that you are doing this wynne, and i can't wait to read all of the amazing stories!!! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and I love it already. Like you, we did not go in search of adoption. God pretty much dumped it in our laps, once, then twice, and now a third time. We didn't struggle with infertility, in fact I had said NO to the idea of more childrne. We didn't seek adoption but we did say yes and we are different, better, because of it. Our adoptions aren't normal by any stretch of the imagination and as a result, our life is not normal. God has turned our life upside down on more than one occassion. There are hurts that will remain for a lifetime but joys that will remain for all eternity......all because we said yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow karol! thank you so much for visitng my blog & following along the story! and YOUR STORY! and your words. they have been on my mind all morning - hurts that will remain for a lifetime but joys that will remain for eternity! that is beautiful. thank you for sharing your heart and your family. and kruz!! what a cutie!! were your adoptions all domestic or were some international? thank you for saying YES!

      Delete
    2. Our oldest adopted, Moise, is from Haiti but it wasn't your typical international adoption. You can read his story here. http://theholmeshome8.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-birthday-moise_28.htmlu

      Jalayne was domestic but, again, unexpected. Kruz was domestic but born to Liberian parents who do not have the resources to parent him.

      Delete
  9. I just wanted to stop by again and tell you how much I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kimberly! your blog is cute too! and excited you are opening an online store! will be on the lookout for that. :) found some cute skirts while surfing your blog.... :) hello pinterest!

      Delete
  10. So great! Can't wait to hear everyone's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the jam.
    very thrilled to 'meet' you and follow this creative project of storytelling!
    sharing our stories for his glory is absolutely my fave.

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love that, this is the jam! heck yes it is! nice to "meet" you too! your blog is so cute! hope to connect again soon. happy new year to you :)

      Delete
  12. this is wonderful... excited to read these stories and be challenged and encouraged! :) hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I love your blog but mostly I love your heart, your desire and determination to share God and the story he wants to write for each of us. My husband and I were just talking about this (of sorts) today - how many around us Christian and not - say things like "oh bless you for doing (this or that)" or "well I (or we) could never ... (Adopt or sponsor or go) " but really? We all can do SOMETHING and God can take the small efforts and make them big - just be open to Him

    Love love love this and I'm so excited to see how God will use this ;)
    Janice
    http://sunshine-and-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much janice!!! we CAN all do something! amazing indeed!!! thank you for your sweet words ;)

      Delete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com