May 21, 2009

1 Year in Midland!

It's been a busy few weeks for us!  Last weekend we had our first ever garage sale with the Bledsoes!  It was a fun weekend between trying to get ready, fajita/rita dinner, pouring down rain mid-garage sale, and making some money (while getting rid of junk!).  They brought their dog, Gracie, and Milly had so much fun playing with a new friend.  They were soaked, and caked in mud by the end of the day - but they had fun I know! 
If you are ever going to have a garage sale, the Bledsoe's are the ones to do it with.  They are pro's!!  


Also last weekend marked ONE YEAR in Midland!  I can't believe it's already been a year.  If you know me, you know I came to Midland kicking and screaming.  I wasn't crazy about it the first few months, but now I love it and don't want to leave!  I'm not saying I don't ever want to leave, but not any time soon that's for sure!  God has been so good and so faithful to provide us with a church home, and amazing christian friends! We seriously could not have gotten to know more amazing people here.  Stephen and I both agree that we have grown so much since moving here.  We have grown closer (maybe it's been so far away from family/friends), and grown in our faith individually and as a couple.  We give all the thanks and praise to our Lord!

One of my favorite things about Midland is the families that we have gotten to know.  I loved getting to know moms, kids, and siblings at Trinity this year and will miss them all so much next year.  In the past few weeks, I've been to a dance recital and a baseball game for my little friends and I LOVE it.  It makes me feel a part of their families.  
These are some of my favorite little friends!  This cute little dude holding the red heart has a special place in my heart.  I will miss seeing his sweet face daily but know that I will still see him a lot this summer!  Can't wait for our week long adventure in June!  (side note: a few weeks ago he told me that he was never getting married because he was going to live at my house and be my friend forever!) Melts my heart....

I was going to post some pictures of some of our "favorite things" about Midland but I don't have enough cute pics of all our friends :)  Let's just say we LOVE our home, our Milly girl, our COM group, Stonegate, Student CBS, the amazing families we've gotten to know, and all of our friends.  We feel so blessed to still be here in Midland.  Stephen is now doing contract land man work and I am going to start working for Rock the Desert in June for the summer.  Check it out at www.rockthedesert.com  More about that later!  We are leaving tomorrow for the weekend with friends - YEAH!  I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures and stories on Monday!

Have a great Holiday weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. what do you mean you will miss Trinity? Where do you think that you are going? I am sad! email me - ChadandDarby@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com