July 25, 2009

Girls Week!





While Stephen was on a trip cross-country (him and his friend drove from Midland to WASHINGTON STATE!) I was here in Midland and took a trip down I-20 to Fort Worth.  I"ll try to get Stephen to blog about his trip, because it was really awesome!

Thursday night it was my turn to host Bunko, and it was a "mexican" theme.  No one really does themes, but since I'm really into the theme -I went with it.  It was a success!  Everyone loved the sangria and the casserole and I loved the decor :)

Friday, I headed to Fort Worth to visit some of my favorite gals.  I was going to spend time with my college roomie, Mandy, and also my good friend from Austin, Becca.  My sweet friend Alli was in town and Julie came too - it was a mini-impromptu reunion and I loved it!  Friday night Becca, Mandy and I headed to Grady's.  We had a fabulous meal and great conversation!  After dinner, we headed to Becca's where Alli met up with us and we spent some good time outside catching up.  See Becca's blog for pics from Friday night.
 

Saturday was a great day - went to lunch with the girls at Lunch Box and went swimming at the Spitzer's house.  It was so fun to just be lazy, talk, hang out and be together!  After swimming we hit up Forever 21 at the mall and went back to Mandy's to get ready for dinner at Joe T's!  The line was the longest I have EVER seen, but we had fun people watching and chatting while we waited in line.  The food was fabulous as ever and we had fun playing my game!  The emotion ran high, even though Becca said I had the same face in all the pics....haha 

After dinner we headed to 8.0s for some people watching and dancing.  I had never been and was really excited - I love to dance and there isn't anywhere in Midland to sit outside, listen to music and dance so I was relishing every minute!  I had so much fun with my girls!
  

Sunday we went to brunch with the Ruckers, Alli and Vern at their new fave place - Old RIP.  Clark treated us to a yummy miga/breakfast taco meal - thank you Clark! After a trip to Luke's locker to finally get some running shoes, I headed out of town.  I stopped by Stephen's cousin Lauren and Taylor's beautiful home on Eagle Mountain Lake - so fun! 

I loved being in Fort Worth - it was so laid back, yet so fun!  Thank you Mandy for letting me and Milly stay with you - we can't wait to come back!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of your girls weekend? Maybe you can stage and imprompt to one in Austin! You all look so beautiful and like you had a ball!! Sounds like you hit up all the Ft. Worth hot spots! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com