June 13, 2010

Alli's Baby Shower

Last weekend I traveled to Houston for one of my best friend, Alli's, baby shower! Alli & I became friends at Baylor (pi beta!) and honestly have probably grown closer post college than in college. Her & her hubby Taylor are expecting their first baby boy - Bennett - this August & so we celebrated that with a shower for her! One of my other good friends from Baylor {college roomie} Emily, came down from St. Louis and we both spent the weekend at the Parker household. Friday night Alli picked us up from the airport & we headed straight to Chuy's for some good ole tex mex food. We of coarse stayed up until almost 2 am sitting on the couch just catching up. Sarah came by & we had a blast just being together!
{their first "baby" Tucker hanging on the couch with us}

Saturday morning was the big shower! We hosted it at Grotto's - a restaurant in Houston - and I have to say the set up was pretty good! Beautiful flowers, cookies, decor & beautiful friends! I was the "shower photographer" and had a blast capturing the day! Here are some photos:
the young girl hostesses {minus Becca & Scarlett- we missed yall!}
Alli & her sweet sister, Jenny
Alli & her grandma
the soon to be grandmother with her friends
sweetest gift opener ever
Taylor even came up to help with the gifts - sweet!
sweet family
It was great to catch up with some Baylor friends & see Alli so happy! The shower was a great sucess - everyone had fun & Alli felt loved I'm sure! More photos on my facebook.

After the shower we headed back to the Parker house to hang out with all of Alli's family that was in town. Emily & I just felt like family all weekend and they were so kind to have us with everything they had going on! We hung out, snacked, started a blog for them :) (more to come on that!), and then I took some photos of Alli in the nursery & of her and T {next blog post!} Then we headed out to the Astro's game. It was perfect - Alli & Emily are my 2 most baseball loving friends and it was just perfect that we got to enjoy a baseball game together! Loved every minute of it!

After the game we went over the the Lillards to hang out & then drove through Taco C for some "late night". Hilarious! Brought me back to the good ole Baylor days - queso and tortillas....although it's NOT as good as I remember. I know, i know - I am now a true West Texas girl, Rosas has won my heart!

It was a great weekend that I was so glad I got to spend with my sweet friend before baby Bennett comes into the world! Love you Alli!

2 comments:

  1. wynne! OH MY GOODNESS! these pictures are WONDERFUL and captured so many great moments! i cannot thank you enough for capturing the weekend...such a blessing to have these memories in photos! wish we could go back and relive the whole weekend...miss yall already! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wynne these are gorgeous! Looks like a great party. The lighting and perspective you bring to your photography is truly spectacular - you are so gifted and seem to have such a way with your subjects! Thanks for sharing! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com