June 2, 2011

first date. freebirds.

Stephen & I's first date was at freebirds. Well, we were set up on a "group date" of sorts in the fall of 2004 in College Station. After a night of fun with friends, no one was up the next day to hang out. Except Stephen & I. So he asked me to go to lunch. We went to Freebirds - a College Station staple. I called him Steve, he finally told me he didn't like that. He got my number on a napkin. He called me later that night. The rest is history.

Freebirds just came to Midland. So we had to go check it out. We made a date night of it ;) Almost 7 years later, we are still having date nights. at freebirds. It made me think about that Sunday afternoon at Freebirds in October of 2004. Love was for sure in the air and everything was new and exciting. Thankful that almost 7 years later, my hunny can still take me on a date and it's still exciting, maybe not new, but always exciting. Thank you Freebirds for giving us such wonderful memories ;)
Probably got the same thing 7 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love that y'all were able to recreate your first date 7years later. :) I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romantic ... still wishing it was Chipotle.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com