July 6, 2011

God is cool {Op Camp part 2}

The cabin I mentor is full of beautiful young women. I love getting to go into their cabin every night to ask them how their day was, to read them a story, to play them a song on my iPhone and to pray over them.

The stories I have been reading them have really spoken to me and have been simple reminders about Gods love. He's teaching me as I try to teach these children. The first book I read was Stormie Omartian's book on "What happens when we talk to God?" and I LOVED this page about waiting. We are for sure in a season of waiting. Waiting for Camp. Waiting to start a family. Waiting to get over to Africa. It seems like we are spinning out of control a lot of times - you see, I am a control freak. But I have lost all control. But HE is in control and He reminded me the other night of that.

He reminded me that it's MY job to PRAY and it's GOD'S job to answer that prayer. So I need to do my job & let God do his.

Thank you for that simple reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com