July 3, 2011

opportunity knocks

yep, that's right. In the morning (or I should say this morning) I leave for my 2nd year at Opportunity Camp. You might remember - I used to work full time for the ministry that puts it on. It's a free christian leadership camp for Midland elementary school kids. Several Title 1 schools participate & kids that are picked to go are going into the 5th grade - the goal is for them to continue on as a camper through junior high camp & eventually become a counselor.

You might remember, last year at Op Camp...

God taught me a lot about having a good attitude

God revealed to me that I do in fact have a story, and that story is powerful
{only because of Him - I once WAS lost but now I'm found}

God started to speak to my heart about adoption

God started to open my heart to a life connected with missions

I can't wait to see what He's going to do this summer! Could you please pray with me for the cabin of girls I'll be mentoring? I had a LIGHT BULB moment recently - reflecting on shepherding and discipleship and I realized that Op Camp does it right. The adult mentor mentors the high school students who in return mentor the elementary students. GENIUS! The adults aren't doing everything in the world, the high school kids are getting into it. They are loving on students & walking with them as we love on & walk with them.

My high school students this week are: Annabeth, Sara & Maddie! Please pray with me and believe with me that God can love powerfully through these girls.

Our campers names are: Brianna, Briana, Ruby, Sam, Megan, Victoria, Hannah, Kira, and Cierra. Please pray with me for them as well - just that this week will be full of God's love. That they will learn about HONOR (our theme!) and that their lives will be touched.

I'm seriously so excited about getting back with my Op Camp family. Because that's EXACTLY what they are - family. Even if you haven't spent time together for a few months, after a few minutes it's back to how it always was. We love each other and fight for each other and for them I am truly thankful.

Can't wait to tell you all about it! Thanks for the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com