August 30, 2011

perspectives.


I'm starting a class TONIGHT (yes, in 45 minutes!) at our local college called Perspectives! (http://www.perspectives.org/site/pp.aspx?c=eqLLI0OFKrF&b=2806295) It's a class on christianity and missions. I first heard about it on my mission trip to El Salvador over spring break this past year & my heart was moved to take it. I am actually really proud of myself for saying no to a few things this fall so I could devote a lot of time to this class. To study, to read, to do the homework, to put my whole heart into it. To see where God is leading me (and us) in the future.

My good friend Ansley asked me this weekend what my thoughts were about where my heart is towards missions. It's pretty crazy that besides a mission trip to Mexico in college & to New Orleans in High School that I hadn't really ever gone on an international mission trip and in the past 5 months I've been to El Salvador, Uganda & Ethiopia. A new world has shown itself to me. My heart is drawn towards missions and I hope and pray that this class will give me some clarity about what that looks like.

God is moving. and where He is, I want to be. Praying that this class will help me gain knowledge, wisdom and perspective. Will you pray with me?

Can't wait to tell you about it. I've got my 147 orphan bag packed with my new notebook from Target and I'm ready to go :) If you know me well, you know when I mean when I say I have the BPs. EEKK!!! Time to be a student again!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wynne -was just searching your blog for this post because I've been thinking about taking this class. Jared and I have been talking lately about getting into missions full-time. All in God's time but it makes me so excited. I can't wait to see what He has planned for you!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com