November 21, 2011

Noonday in Uganda= life changing

I know it’s been a few weeks since I returned from Uganda & Rwanda but if you haven’t picked up on it yet – I am a processor. It takes me a while to really process what I experienced and put it into words. I have to be in the “mood” or “zone” to really write about things and this past week at the beach proved to be an amazing week to write!

I know I blogged a bit while I was in Uganda about what I was experiencing. But I wanted to talk a little more about it.

Noonday has meant something totally different for me since getting back from Uganda.

I “knew” what shopping and selling Noonday products meant for these women (and men) all over the globe but just like anything else – when you actually meet them, the story gets a lot more personal. Jalia & Daniel changed my perspective. Uganda changed my perspective.

I told Jessica that I felt like all we did in Uganda was talk about Jesus, pray, and ask people if they knew Jesus. It was amazing. The atmosphere in Uganda just calls for it. You can’t help but speak of what He’s done in your life & want to hear what He’s done in others.Every time we got in a car, someone prayed for our journey. How legit is that? I always said Uganda was hard-core, but now I really know. It’s hard-core!

Jalia & Daniel.

A little backgound: Jalia grew up Muslim. She converted to Christianity late high school & was basically thrown out of her home. Once daddy’s princess, she now was living with a pastor’s family who send her to school, discipled her, and loved her. She met her husband, Daniel (a believer), in bible college. They want to be missionaries. They want to witness to the Muslim world.

{this is what I wrote in my journal after our 1st day with them}

They believe in miracles.

They believe in healing & deliverance.

They are God fearing.

They love the name of Jesus more than their own name.

Their lives are dedicated to serving others.

They understand others because they’ve been there.

They’ve been so poor they had to sell their only bible to buy food.

They know what it’s like to be content: to be in want & to have plenty

They, like Paul, are content.

They set their minds on things above.

One night when we were visiting with Jalia, she asked us if we would pray that her children aren’t orphaned.

Really?

For all you moms out there – is that high on your prayer request list?

their daughter, Zoie.

son, Zack.


Uganda & its people have challenges that we will never face.

They live knowing that their children might be orphaned.

That fear they won’t be able to provide.

But they believe in the power of our God.

They pray. They believe that God will hear them. They ask him for big things.

They believe. They know that there is power in the name of Jesus.

I want to be more like Jalia & Daniel.

Giving my life to those around me. So they will know Jesus.

Inviting people into my home so they can see the way we live.

So they can know Jesus.

Giving and giving and giving – even when by the standards of the world, they are the ones in need.

I want to have that kind of heart.

Thank you Jesus for what you are doing through Jalia & Daniel and through Noonday Collection. I pray that you continue to empower my sweet friends to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Winning souls for you one person at a time!

2 comments:

  1. I got my Noonday order in today! I ordered everything for gifts, but now I want it all! I'm glad you introduced me to this great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring couple and challenge to live towards! We have so. much. Thanks for sharing Wynne!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com