August 2, 2012

trick mirror. GUEST POST.




It was SUCH a God thing to be in Ethiopia at the same time as my  long time camp friend, Melissa & her husband Mark.  I think she said it best when she said, “I just want you to know how grateful I am to know you!  It is amazing that God placed you in my life 20 years ago and that led to me going to Ethiopia this summer with my husband and our lives being forever changed.  It is such an awesome and strange feeling to look back over all those years and see God's perfect plan.”
It was their first time to Ethiopia, and they worked with Project61!  I thought her words & reflections were so amazing that I asked her if i could share them here on the blog.  
In Melissa’s words.....


It is SO HARD to return home.  I have a deeper understanding of a lot of your blog posts now!  I can't even imagine how it is for you - I was only there one time for one week!  It is really emotionally tough to boggle back and forth between all of my feelings/thoughts from Korah/Ethiopia/Africa and my "real world" responsibilities here.  It is like there is one of those "trick" mirrors from the fair in front of everything.  The one that is wavy and makes you look fat or skinny or tall or whatever...My view of literally the WHOLE world is completely distorted from where it was before...does that make sense?  Some things are so enlarged and some things are tiny.  Some things are so much wider, and some seem so much narrower.  And I felt like it was so much easier to be WITH God 24/7 there.  I was surrounded, here it is so hard to stay focused on anything.  Constant sensory overload.  But in the same instance I am so THANKFUL, and then the next second I am disgusted with how gluttonous and indulgent our nation/society/myself are/is.  Overall I am so amazed with the experience and cannot wait to come back.
Well, friends there you have it.  I know some of you know exactly what Melissa is talking about.  It wrecks your world - but in a glorious way.  God is alive!  
If you are interested in coming to Ethiopia & visiting orphans - check out Visiting Orphans & Project61.  

check out Melissa online here!  

1 comment:

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com