October 1, 2012

c+a update

I've been home almost 5 weeks now which is crazy.  in the spirit of transparency, I can tell you that the first few weeks home I was in a P-I-T.   darkness.  I'm slowing climbing out of the pit (thanks to my insane bff that makes me workout with her every morning before her kids are out of bed) and I'm so thankful for good friends that have reminded me again & again of the promise and blessing that is coming.  it hasn't been easy and there have been lots of days I have wanted to just stay in bed & ignore the world (which, as I stated earlier I actually did).  It's hard to get out & be reminded 20 times a day that my kiddos are still in Ethiopia.  I always say I feel like I need to wear a "I don't know" or "give me some grace" button around town.  at the same time, I know that the questions and comments are out of love and for all of the support we've been given I am truly grateful and humbled!!  just sometimes, instead of the questions all I need/want to hear is "how are you?" or "I know it's hard, I'm thinking about yall".  anyway, I realized that we haven't really updated everyone so of coarse everyone is anxious to hear what's going on!  Below is an email that Stephen sent to our friends & family this morning.  Please be praying for our sweet camp + asher this week.  God is good and trustworthy and we are SEEKING HIM in this time.  this sweet double rainbow was a great reminder...
 a DOUBLE rainbow in MY neighborhood.  it was like it was just for me from God.  it was dark, then light and rainy with this beautiful double rainbow.  I literally stopped several times to take a picture & followed it with my car.  
what a beautiful picture of gods faithfulness and promise fulfilled.  
believing that we will receive our DOUBLE PORTION soon! 



Family and Friends,
We are in need of some serious prayer this week, sorry it has been awhile since the last email.  The violence has for the most part stayed away from Ethiopia and the US Embassy in Addis, thank you God.  Camp and Asher are doing great but we are needing prayer for this week. 

Please pray for the people who are seeking out information regarding Asher's case.  Pray that they will find all the facts needed and that people who need to appear will in fact appear for the sake of Asher being able to know her story when she gets older.  Please pray for the people involved in the case--  that they will be able to expedite the facts needed to get us clear so we can travel to Addis and see our babies, in the name of mighty name of Jesus we pray.   

Wynne and I have been taking hard hits the past 2 weeks from the enemy with doubt, fear, worry, anxiety, pressure, angst, and all kinds of second guessing of God's promises.   Every day we carry around heavy burdens for our babies, our hearts ache, our guts wrench, our minds run wild with worst case scenarios, the enemy would love nothing more than to see us cave in and see our babies stay orphans.  But this is NOT what is going to happen, we WILL get our kids home, we WILL travel to Ethiopia, we WILL hold them and cry and laugh.  I have seen this in my dreams and soon it will be a reality, I am calling it out.  No more worry, no more doubt, friends and family please pray on our behalf to bring our babies home.  We need the power of prayer to bind up all that is holding us back from bringing our babies home.  Please pray.  We are ready to be a family, we are ready for the light to come back into our lives, we are done with this season of darkness and waiting.   It is always darkest before the dawn and we are ready for the dawn, so. so. so. ready.  

Thank you all for supporting us, we could not make through without all your help, love, support and encouragement.  

We take comfort in these verses, please read and meditate, it is good stuff.  

Isaiah 61: 7-9

Instead of your shame there shall be a double portion;
    instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their lot;
therefore in their land they shall possess a double portion;
    they shall have everlasting joy.
For I the Lord love justice;
    I hate robbery and wrong;[d]
I will faithfully give them their recompense,
    and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

Their offspring shall be known among the nations,
    and their descendants in the midst of the peoples;
all who see them shall acknowledge them,
    that they are an offspring the Lord has blessed.


Love,
the Elder Family

3 comments:

  1. The Lord is near! Psalm 145:8 When fear and doubt come, make those thoughts obedient to Christ. I am praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your double rainbow is beautiful!!

    I am praying for you and your family, Wynne. Praying for God's blessings to pour over you and c+a. He is always with you. He is always with them!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com