May 6, 2010

awesome reminders :)

Wow. God is good - He never ceases to speak to me when I seek Him out. I was feeling a little "down" about "my circumstances" this morning and on the way to work I heard the song by Brandon Heath called "Wait and See"
here are some of the lyrics that spoke to me!

There is hope for me yet
Because God won’t forget
All the plans he’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yet

Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something

How comforting is it to know that He is for sure UP TO SOMETHING in our life & He is NOT done with us! He's still working out plans for us! Oh gosh, I just love that! Thank you Jesus.

THEN I got to work & read my favorite devo, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, and listen to this!

"Do not search for security in the world you inhabit. You tend to make mental checklists of things you need to do in order to gain control of your life (uhhh yes!) If only you could check everything off your list, you could relax and be at peace (was this written just for me?) But the more you work to accomplish that goal, the more things crop up on your list. The harder you try, the more frustrated you become. There is a better way to find security in this life. Instead of scrutinizing your checklist, focus your attention on My Presence with you. This continual contact with Me will keep you in My Peace. Moreover, I will help you sort out what is important and what is not, what needs to be done now and what does not. Fix your eyes not on what is seen (your circumstances), but on what is unseen (My Presence). "

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.

2 Corinthians 4:18

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Thank you Lord for that wonderful reminder that YOU are in control & all I need to do is keep my focus on YOU and being in your Presence. I have been struggling with this issue of control & trying to control my life & my circumstances and I just started reading a book by Nashville pastor, Pete Wilson, called Plan B. I just started it but it's all about what do you do when what you thought or tried to control about your life doesn't happen & you have to go to Plan B. It's really insightful so far & follows characters and stories in the Bible. Head over to Amazon & pick it up!

Just had to share what is on my heart & what the Lord has been teaching me. Hope He's teaching you something today too :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that this morning! I'm right there with you!! Between not knowing if I'll find a job here, moving, now we might be building a house, and other life decisions, I'm a planner and controller, too! Thanks for the two verses....probably a good idea to memorize those in our times of mental chaos, huh?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Wynne! It's just what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the love!
wynne.elder@gmail.com